What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running correctly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with prolonged exposure.