Stopping it from happening is the most important place to start. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Edmonton.
Here are several steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when run correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are working properly, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Rob's Albertan Service Experts.