Preventing it from happening is the most crucial place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Edmonton.
Here are several steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when run correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are working properly, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Rob's Albertan Service Experts.