No matter what the elements outside, the temperature in your space dictates how comfortable it will feel. Set it just right and your home will be a comfortable escape from the world. But if your climate control system isn’t functioning the right way, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be enjoyable.
It’s time to take a thorough look at the manner you’re using your HVAC equipment. It might make the difference between a steady system or a poor performer. Start this short quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Summer is coming up fast. How do you prepare your AC?
- Change out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Make an appointment with the professionals for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting a party on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What do you do?
- Ask my guests to bring chilled beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it working before people show up.
- Switch on my fans and hope for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What’s your plan when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Let my contractor choose and fund it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and charges by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the most costly system available.
- When you open your next monthly energy bill, what do you suppose you’ll see?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC charges have skyrocketed.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I see it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a strange noise. What’s your next step?
- Dig out my toolbox and kill a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Call an Expert technician to take a look.
- Don’t think about it and wait until it goes away.
Get ready to check your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are helping you out. You’re taking care of your system and you made a plan for replacement. But if you replied to any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make some changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Read below to learn how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Set Up Annual Maintenance While replacing your air filter and dusting your vents are essential tasks to ready your equipment for a new season, a professional maintenance visit is helpful to wrap up the process. During a routine visit, your Expert technician will handle a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re around the house, your HVAC Expert will look out for more severe problems for your home. That could save you a high-priced breakdown in the future.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained HVAC systems can have issues on occasion. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that vital service to homeowners at no extra cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some heating and cooling systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your system takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front expenses. And as an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and call us when they radically change. Your electricity bills can reveal more than your monthly expenses. If you’re seeing a stable climb in your costs but no variation in home comfort, something is probably going on with your system. A modern high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you hear a weird noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than bothersome. It indicates something is off with your HVAC. Even if it’s a relatively small problem, left alone it could make for an expensive repair later on. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t maintain it. If you use these tips, you could save time, extra costs and annoyance. And if your HVAC just isn’t keeping up anymore, consider finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!