No matter what the temperature outside in Edmonton, the temperature inside your space dictates how comfortable you will be. Find the right temp and your home will be a nice escape from the world. But if your climate control system isn’t working the right way, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be enjoyable.
It’s time for a thorough look at the manner you’re using your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a steady system or a problematic performer. Work through this quick quiz from Rob's Albertan Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Summer is not far away in Edmonton. How do you prepare your system?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Make an appointment with the professionals for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting a get-together on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What do you do?
- Advise my guests to bring icy beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it working before people show up.
- Switch on my fans and wish for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Let my contractor to choose and finance it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and expenses by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the most costly system available in Edmonton.
- When you open your next monthly energy bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC charges have skyrocketed.
- It will be comparable to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your HVAC system is making a strange noise. What’s your next step?
- Get my toolbox and kill a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call an Expert technician to take a look.
- Forget about it and wait until it stops.
Time to check your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are helping you out. You’re taking care of your equipment and you made a plan for replacement. But if you replied to any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make some changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Read below to find out how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Book Annual Maintenance While replacing your air filter and sprucing up your vents are useful tasks to ready your machinery for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is helpful to wrap up the process. During a routine visit, your Expert technician will handle a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency Expert will keep an eye out for more severe headaches for your equipment. That could save you a pricey breakdown in the future.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained home comfort systems can have issues on occasion. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that vital service to customers at no extra cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some heating and cooling systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your system takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front expenses. And as an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and call us when they dramatically change. Your electricity bills can reveal more than your monthly expenses. If you’re noticing a steady hike in your costs but no variation in home comfort, something is likely happening with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Take action when you notice a weird noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than bothersome. It indicates something is off with your HVAC. Even if it’s a relatively small problem, left without professional help it could make for an expensive repair down the road. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you big when you don’t treat it right. If you use these tips, you could save time, extra costs and annoyance. And if your HVAC just isn’t keeping up anymore, consider finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!