Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Edmonton
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you hope it’s working correctly so your Edmonton basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can stop working for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t working like it should, call the Experts at Rob's Albertan Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Insufficient maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frozen or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Verify the pump is upright and not tilting to one side, since this can cause the pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump turns on and removes the water rapidly.
- During dry weather, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Rob's Albertan Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to defend your home from water damage, depend on the professionals at Rob's Albertan Service Experts to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 780-800-9047 or book an appointment online.