Your sump pump is one of those items you may not think about until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s running as it should. The good news is that the professionals at Rob's Albertan Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Edmonton home.
Sump pumps can stop running for several of different reasons and we’ve possibly witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Rob's Albertan Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with multiple preventive maintenance hints to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our team will observe your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any sign of a potential mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and walk through your options.
It is crucial to note there are several simple things that you can do to ensure you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not tilting to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is essentially a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Rob's Albertan Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 780-800-9047
or request an appointment online.