If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak may include the following:
- The scent of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are worried they may be related to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
Sometimes the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in most cases the homeowner is liable. Luck for you, the professionals at Rob's Albertan Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done properly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER ATTEMPT AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of things to do around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Edmonton codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Rob's Albertan Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to do a number of gas line projects in the Edmonton community, so no job is too much for our team.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are coming your way, call your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made sure there is no danger, call Rob's Albertan Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have a smell and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Invest in and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a trained professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks immediately.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.