Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Edmonton, you might be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some points to think about, plus the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence comfy. A modern air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Rob's Albertan Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system fails. You can circumvent the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your residence comfier and reducing your monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at once. And you could even qualify for a discount because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Rob's Albertan Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 780-800-9047 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.