Air conditioners don’t run forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Edmonton, you might be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some points to think about, plus the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence comfy. An updated air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Rob's Albertan Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both units at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can avoid the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your residence cozier and reducing your monthly utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you could even qualify for a discount because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Rob's Albertan Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your entire system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 780-800-9047 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.