Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many folks in Edmonton. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Edmonton heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Edmonton heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Rob's Albertan Service Experts a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Edmonton heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Edmonton temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than normal. It can help you cool down a bit faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.