How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of vapors that could be in your Edmonton home. Natural gas and vapors that derive from household fixtures, carpeting and paints. None of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Rob's Albertan Service Experts at 780-800-9047 right away to get started protecting your house against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?

Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you cannot see it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in small amounts and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Fatal After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of spent fuel. It can filter into your residence during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how big the leak is and the circulation in a house, it can become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once breathed in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it requires five hours to get it out of your system. It requires another five hours to decrease that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mimic Other Illnesses

It can also cause illnesses that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some ways you can take to keep your family safe:

  1. Every house with at least one gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide alarm. You should have an alarm on all levels of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide alarm in your home?
    Call Rob's Albertan Service Experts at 780-800-9047 to buy one. Ask our pros about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you already use a carbon monoxide system, frequently look at or replace the batteries. You should check batteries every season, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, get out of your house immediately and call 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Rob's Albertan Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your residence can be protected from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Rob's Albertan Service Experts at 780-800-9047 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.