Scheduling regular AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your air conditioner equipment in Edmonton operating at peak performance while keeping electricity needs small. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are a couple jobs you can do alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Rob's Albertan Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can complete on your own as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that involves a large amount of home, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling equipment scrubbed and examined. Hesitating to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you have to have a fix or installation, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that may turn very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a freshened AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner maintenance might be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service on My Own?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the ultimate state:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and could lower your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you deal with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your equipment, since this can impede airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Rob's Albertan Service Experts at 780-800-9047, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll begin the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide reliable cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Checking controls to make sure your equipment is starting, running and shutting down properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that involve further work, we are set to give you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing possible issues early can solve more expensive problems later. This also provides you time to plan if your system is getting older.
When you are seeking an updated AC system, our Experts will partner with you to locate the right unit for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to request your maintenance? Give us a call at 780-800-9047 or schedule an appointment online now.