Scheduling yearly AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your air conditioning unit in Edmonton running at peak performance while keeping utility consumption down. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are several jobs you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Rob's Albertan Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can complete on your own as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that entails a large amount of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC maintenance on that listing.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning equipment scrubbed and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first warm day of the year can be risky. If you have to have a fix or a new unit, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that may become very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner maintenance might be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance on My Own?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the prime state:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and could reduce your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, since this might impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Rob's Albertan Service Experts at 780-800-9047, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll begin the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially skip problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your equipment is starting, running and shutting down properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that need further service, we are ready to give you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing likely troubles early can solve more substantial problems down the road. This also offers you time to plan if your AC is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated AC system, our Experts will partner with you to locate the right unit for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to request your maintenance? Give us a call at 780-800-9047 or schedule an appointment online now.