Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your utility bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning to your furnace or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Edmonton and keeping bills low.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power charges low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in modern cooling systems is a big benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to efficiently use your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to a couple other approaches to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 780-800-9047 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your space. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.