Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning on your furnace or air.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Edmonton and keeping costs low.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power expenses low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in modern cooling systems is a huge plus in keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to efficiently use your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your energy expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to a couple other approaches to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 780-800-9047 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your space. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.