When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s wants in Edmonton. A tankless water heater is a decent route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you get hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—specifically for larger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to handle numerous uses at once. One of our experts will help you figure out what your flow rate is and offer recommendations based on their expertise.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most homes in the Edmonton area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a traditional tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’re used.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Rob's Albertan Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Edmonton home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We offer quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 780-800-9047
or request an appointment with us online.